Saturday, November 12, 2011

Cranberry Pumpkin Bliss Bars

Where in the world have my posts been about sweets?  I have been completely depriving you and I'm so sorry.  The worst part is that I haven't even been depriving myself.  So selfish.  So not nice.

Me: Can I make it up to you with something wonderfully sweet and perfect for the holidays?

You: Ugh.  I'm unhappy about your selfish tendencies.  But.....okay fine.  

So I'm convinced that during this time of the year pumpkin should be incorporated into everything...soup, bread, muffins, all other sweets, pasta...and so on.  Maybe not EVERYTHING, but I would be completely willing to try it in just about anything.  I'm also willing to add it to just about anything that seems even somewhat fitting...Case and point below.

I've seen this copy cat recipe for the Starbucks cranberry bliss bar so many times.  And me not being able to just make a recipe and leave it be....I added pumpkin.  And it was an *oh so good* decision.  Note: I've been a real stinker about taking process pictures.  Bad Emilie, BAD!

Cranberry Pumpkin Bliss Bars...
with white chocolate chunks


Ingredients: 
  
Bars-
  •  1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon ginger
  • 1/2 can pumpkin puree
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 3/4 cup dried cranberries
  • 6 ounces (about 3/4 cup) white chocolate chips or chunks
Frosting-
  • 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 4 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/3 cup dried cranberries
Drizzle-
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 tablespoons shortening
  • 1-2 tablespoons milk 
  1. Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9x13 pan and set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl cream the butter and brown sugar until smooth.  Add eggs, vanilla, ginger, pumpkin, and salt.  Mix well.  Gradually add flour and mix until smooth.  Stir in cranberries and white chocolate.
  3. Pour batter into the greased pan, using a spatula to spread batter evenly.  Bake 30-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.  Allow to cool completely before frosting.
  4. For the frosting: Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice until completely smooth.  Spread on cake.  Sprinkle the top with cranberries.
  5. Drizzling icing: In a small bowl whisk together 1 tablespoon of milk, powdered sugar, and shortening.  Gradually add milk until the icing has a thick but drizzly consistency.  Put the icing into a ziploc bag and snip off a the corner.  Drizzle on top.
  6. Cut into squares and eat!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...