I made these cookies yesterday for the little holiday party we attended last night. We had a wonderful time munching on cookies and coloring some lovely "Christmas" pictures. Yes, I said coloring. Friends, food, great conversation, music, and coloring. Talk about a perfect night.
The cookies are scrumptious and incredibly simple to throw together for a party or give as a last minute gift. Or...to sit down with a plateful and a big glass of milk to enjoy all by yourself. Sounds lovely doesn't it?
Just to get you in the holiday mood while baking...you should probably listen to the new She & Him Christmas album like I did. I'm convinced that it gives the cookies a little extra *umph*.
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup peppermint cocoa (regular cocoa works too!)
- 1.4 oz package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2-2 cups dark chocolate chips and mint chips (if you can find mint chips!)
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Cream butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, cocoa, pudding, baking soda, and salt.
3. Gradually add flour into butter mixture and beat well. Mix in chocolate and mint chips. Drop onto an ungreased baking sheet.
4. Bake for 11-13 minutes. Allow to cool for a minute or two and then move to a wire rack.
5. Time to grab a glass of milk and enjoy!
Coming Up: Keep an eye out on Monday for another non-traditional Meal Plan Monday that will give some gift ideas for all of your favorite foodies!