Monday, February 6, 2012

Meal Plan Monday

Not wanting to offend, bring more tears, or start riots, I'm going to avoid the whole subject of the Super Bowl and just say that I hope everyone had a wonderful evening and enjoyed all of the festivities.

However, if you do want a more extensive report on the evening you should check out Life Moves Pretty Fast.  She has a great recap of the game and all of the commercials.

Okay, Patriots fans I'm sorry I mentioned the *SB*.  Wipe your tears.  We are moving on to the food.

This week I decided that I needed to revisit some of my old recipes.  With the constant desire to find new recipes and try them out as often as possible, I sometimes forget that I have some good ones just waiting to be made again!  So I decided to throw in a few oldies this week.

Enjoy!
 Monday:

Has anyone noticed my obsession with these hearty grain salads?  I can't get away from them.  Tonight we will be having leftovers (because our refrigerator is FULL to the brim with them) but for lunch I'll be scaling down this recipe to 1 serving...and then devouring it.
Superfood Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette

Tuesday:

Ashley over at The Uniqueness of Being is spoiled.  That's all there is to it.  She has been swooning over my Chicken and Dumplings since I made them last September.  And she's finally broken me down with all of her pathetic begging.  So prepare yourself Ashley.  Chicken and Dumplings are coming your way.
Chicken and Dumplings
-from Me!

Wednesday:

Wednesday is going to be a busy one so I'm planning on making this fairly simple dish that doesn't require a lot of work.  And it's a plate full of meat and potatoes.  Hello boy pleaser.  Time to try it.
Spanish Chicken with Chorizo and Potatoes.
-from Pick Yin

Thursday:

It's possible that this recipe is on here merely because I hadn't included anything with goat cheese for the week.  And that's a sin in my meal planning handbook.  Okay, actually that's a lie.  It's also on here because it looks delicious.
Artichoke, Sun Dried Tomato, and Goat Cheese Pasta 
-from Spoon Fork Bacon  
 
Friday:

Do you know what has been missing from my life for far too long?  Ginger vinaigrette.  My sister made this last week and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it.  Let's see if I can make it to Friday without making it.
Ginger Vinaigrette
-from Me!

The Weekend:
 
I can already tell that it's going to be a breakfast making kind of weekend.
Herbed Baked Eggs


This past weekend I learned an incredibly sad fact about the people of New England.  Apparently they have never experienced biscuits and gravy.  Nor do they know what this consists of.  It's either that or we have incredibly sheltered friends.  So, being the good Midwesterners that we are, we have promised to make these poor friends of ours a real down home breakfast.  They're in for a treat.
Biscuits and Gravy
-from Me!

1 comment:

  1. Gahhhh Chicken and Dumplings Chicken and Dumplings!!! Best. friend. ever. EVER.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...