First things first...I would like to give a big thank you to Katy from Modly Chic and Alison from Long Distance Loving for hosting an unbelievable Boston Blogger event Wednesday evening at Sonsie. Being my first Boston Blogger event, I was amazed by all of the lovely people that came out. I'm truly excited to be surrounded by such a wonderful blogging community. I can't wait to attend future events and get to meet more of these great Boston bloggers!
with Raisin Vinaigrette
Adapted from: Bon Appetit
Makes: 4 servings Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli, stems removed, tops cut into large florets
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
1. Grab the broccoli. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Spread broccoli out onto a deep baking dish. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast broccoli for 20-25 minutes until tender and brown in spots.
3. While the broccoli is in the oven, combine raisins, 3 tablespoons olive oil, balsamic vinegar, water, and cumin in a blender. Blend until raisins are finely chopped, about 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
4. Transfer broccoli to a large bowl.
5. Add vinaigrette and toss to coat.
6. Grab a fork.
7. Devour and enjoy!
8. I think that these little guys look like aliens. Anyone agree?
P.S.- I served this with a delicious chicken and red wine vinegar dish that I'll be posting very soon. Keep an eye out for it!