Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tasty Tuesday

Alright, I'm not even going to try to slip this one past you.

I didn't post a Meal Plan Monday yesterday.

Oops.

It's my momma's fault.

She comes to town and we get to do all of these fun things together like shop, and eaaat, and go sightseeing, and it keeps me from nerding out on my computer.  How horrible is that?  Who does she think she is?

So anyways, we are going to forget that I made that minor slip...

And instead of a Meal Plan Monday...we are going to have a Tasty Tuesday.  How does that sound?  Let me warn you that there is absolutely no rhyme or reason to this Tasty Tuesday - just whatever looked yummy to my tummy.  Have I told you how much I like alliteration?

One last thing...please don't forget to wipe the drool off of your face/the surrounding area after you've scrolled through.  Surprisingly, no one likes a drool face.


 Scarletta Bakes is doing a little something every Monday that makes my heart a happy one.  Instead of a Meal Plan Monday like we do...Scarletta Bakes has a Milk Bar Monday, where she makes something out of the Momofuku cookbook.  Drool.
Carrot Cake Truffles


I'm not usually one for "shakes" buttttt I'm making the exception here.  Tropical fruits infused with avocado?  Yum sauce.
Tropical Papaya Strawberry Avocado Shake


Spring has sprung and there is no more room in these pants for a heavy pasta dish.  Luckily this little gem is the perfect fit for spring.
Spring Vegetable Lasagna with Mint Lemon Ricotta Sauce
-from The Fig Tree


 I hate to admit this, but I'm going to anyways.  *I've NEVER made my own pesto.* Shame on me.  Maybe I'll finally get to it with this recipe that includes the delicious peppery taste of arugula.
Arugula Pesto


 I LOVE SAVORY EGG DISHES.  Enough said.
Baked Eggs with Course Dijon
-from Savory Bites


This seems like something my mother would try to trick me with as a child.  Grilled Ham and Cheese...with broccoli...  Now however, my big girl taste buds would love the addition of broccoli to a ooey gooey cheesy ham sandwich.
Broccoli Ham Grilled Cheese 


 Cherry.  Almond.  Dessert.  It hurts how much I love this combination.  Fresh cherries get here please!
Cherry Almond Crumble
-from Honey and Jam


 I'm not usually one for sweets in the morning but OH MY.  Don't these look obscenely good?  You can tell just from this little picture that they have the perfect pull apart texture and are covered in a wonderful orange ooeyness.
Irene's Orange Rolls


 Another light pasta dish.  Hello spring.
Prosciutto, Asparagus, and Parmesan Spaghetti
-from Val So Cal


 Joseph Esch.  Thank you for introducing me to slutty brownies.  Cookie dough, oreos, brownies.  Woooah.
Slutty Brownies
 

 Another thing I've never tested out.  Soba Noodles.  People rave about them.  Testing soon.
Soba Noodles with Scallops and Vegetables
-from Bev Cooks


What do I even say here?  You can't go wrong with these things.  I love feta dearly but I would consider cheating to go with goat.  Don't tell.
Spring Salad with Asparagus, Feta, and Soft-Boiled Eggs

STAY TUNED: Sadly, Momma Bell is leaving tomorrow BUT I have documented one of our kitchen adventures from the week and I will be sharing it very soon!  So, don't forget to check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...