Monday, May 21, 2012

Meal Plan Monday

This whole summer thing...is really working out for me.

If you didn't notice from the abundance of posts last week, I have quite a bit of time on my hands right now.  And I'm basking in it.  I don't mean to rub anything in but as of right now I'm spending my days reading, blogging, cooking/baking, laying in the sun, having barbeques, or planning the upcoming My Politic tour.  Not too shabby, right?

I sort of feel like a big lazy bum.  But I'm having such a glorious time that I have to continuously shove those thoughts out of mind and remind myself that next summer I'll have to be a big girl and get a real job since I'll no longer be in college.  So I might as well enjoy it while I can right?

Right.

While we are on the subject...I'm going to give you a little heads up on what's to come next week.  Because...it's kind of exciting.  Remember approximately 10 seconds ago when I said that I was planning the upcoming My Politic tour?  Well, next week I will be 1) telling you all about the tour and begging you to come see us if we happen to make it in/around your place of residence 2) announcing some exciting things that will be happening on the blog while I'm away and 3) possibly doing a giveaway...and when I say possibly...I mean definitely.  So do you know what this means?  This means that you have to check back next week.

I wasn't planning on telling you all of this.  But then I got excited and it just kind of slipped out.  Ah, well.

Here's your to-do list for the week:
1) check out these yummy recipes
2) share your favorite spring/summer fruit recipes with me (in the comments of course!)
3) have a wonderful week
4) come back next week (or before then!) to hear about the tour/announcements/giveaway
5) have one of those infused berry vodka thingies -- you deserve it

monday

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times.  Place the word "Greek" before a recipe and I'm automatically sold.  The combination of all things that "Greek" implies in a recipe is glorious.  I made Greek Pasta Salad yesterday (that was to die for) and I have some leftover ingredients that I plan on using for this chicken.  Resourceful.  Would it be too much if I had this chicken with a side of pasta salad?
Grilled Greek Stuffed Chicken 

tuesday

Sweet potatoes only seem to pop into my life around Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Sure they can be great in a casserole but I have to say I'm not a huge fan of the "sweet" sweet potato.  I don't really want it drizzled in honey or topped with marshmallows.  That's why when I stumbled upon this recipe I was incredibly intrigued.  I forgot that sweet potatoes don't have to be sweet!
Southwestern Stuffed Sweet Potatoes 

wednesday

Okay, these are beautiful.  Don't you think?  This recipe has been sitting in my Pinterest board for far too long.  I'm thinking these on top of a salad...
Lentil Cakes 
-from Roost

thursday

Here it is.  My weekly tofu fix.  Heidi roasted the tomatoes and then did the rest in a skillet but I think grilling the corn (or maybe even the whole thing?) would be a delicious modification.
"Heather's Quinoa" -- Quinoa with Kale, Tofu, and Cherry Tomatoes 

friday

You can't go wrong with dishes like this.  Not one bit.  My Politic has a show this Friday so a nice simple, quick dinner is perfect.  Someone has to make sure they don't starve to death.
Salad cups with Shrimp, Quinoa, Avocado, and Lemon Dressing 

berry bliss
After last week's encounter with {these} strawberries I'm in complete and utter farmers market fruit heaven.

Strawberry Rhubarb Cardamom Jam


Cherry Cornmeal Upside-Down Cake 


Strawberry Shortcake Cookies 


Lemon Raspberry Muffins  
-from Baked Bree 


 Berry-Cado Smoothie
-from Babble


Infused Strawberry + Blueberry + Vanilla Bean Vodka  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...