Monday, November 5, 2012

Meal Plan Monday

Seriously.

It's November already.  And 5 days into it at that.

How did this happen?

Last time I checked I was laying down by the pool, reading a book and enjoying the warm ocean breeze.  Maybe not the last time...since that would indicate a major gap in my sense of reality...but it just doesn't seem like that long ago.

However, I don't want you thinking that I'm complaining.  I love the fall/now winter.  There are holidays sprinkled about every couple of weeks which means months of traveling, cooking, being home, decorating, and no school...just a few of my favorite things.

*Please ignore how "Domestic Martha Stewart" those favorite things are.  I can't help it.*

Now if you are remotely like me in your obsessive list making habits...you've already started jotting down ideas for your Thanksgiving meal.  Oh...you don't do that?  Weird.  Anyway, it's highly possible that I've started this process.  I like to plan ahead okay?  Plus, I'm in a bit of a predicament this year.  My parents are coming to Boston to spend Thanksgiving with us.  My parents also eat meat...and we don't.  So do we take a little break and chow down on some ham and turkey to put a smile on my dads face?  Or do we introduce them to a few non-traditional turkey replacements?  Suggestions?  How do you deal with this delicious mess?

For those of you who haven't started your obsessive list making yet...I'm here to help.  At the bottom of the post I've linked to a few Thanksgiving recipe round-ups that look fabulous.  Ones that I have/probably will be drawing inspiration from when the feast rolls around.

Enjoy and Happy Monday!

monday


Quinoa Stuffed Acorn Squash

tuesday


Grilled Citrus Tuna Steak with Avocado and Spinach
-from Bev Cooks
 
wednesday


Grilled Eggplant Subs with Fontina and Tomato Jam

thursday


Toast with Classic Pesto, Shrimp, and Garlic

friday


Rainbow Chard, Kale and Quinoa Salad

Thanskgiving round-ups


Swooning over the Poppyseed Crusted Butternut Squash with Kale and Pomegranates and the Vanilla Pear and Vodka Cocktail
-from Mint



Hello...Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberry Pistachio Pesto


I need the Sweet Potato Pie AND the Rum Raisin Apple Pie

Garlic and Mushroom Mashed Potatoes.  Yes please.



An entire round-up of Vegetarian deliciousness.  My favorite = Millet Pilaf with Herb Roasted Squash and Sweet Potatoes
-from Bliss Tree

4 comments:

  1. I would have to say no, don't take a break from being a pescatarian just to make others happy/more comfortable. Unless that is what you really want to do - then go for it! But I would encourage your mom or dad to cook with you, and if they would like turkey/ham, then for them to get a small one, and you can make a lot of other dishes that they can try as well. That way, you get to spend even more time cooking together, and everyone is happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea, thanks so much for the comment! Mom and I will definitely be cooking together and I think we've decided to do a small turkey breast/ham along with other vegetarian goodies. A little something for everyone! I would love to hear what you are making for Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  2. Everything looks delicious! I have to try that eggplant sub! Looks fantastic.

    I am so excited for Christmas! I think I may have to start watching Christmas movies soon and start my Christmas baking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh I KNOW! I saw your tweet the other night about deciding which Christmas film to watch. So jealous you already have so much snow! Maybe I need to come visit!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...