Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Spicy Mango and Rice Bowl

I just spent 30 minutes going back and forth on which post to put out today.  The indecisiveness thing is paralyzing.

But really it's a good situation for all of us.  It means that I have so many delicious recipes to share with you that picking just one is almost beyond my capabilities.

Luckily, I looked at the clock and realized I was wasting precious time and decided to just go for this one.  Why not right?



We've talked about my love for food "bowls" on multiple occasions.

Food bowls are:
  1. unbelievably simple
  2. the perfect vehicle for testing out new flavor combinations
  3. quite healthy
  4. capable of being edible in less than 15 minutes
  5. adaptable to any mood
I could obviously give far more than five reasons...but people get bored at six.  Or start thinking your crazy.  And I don't need either of those.

This dish isn't too far off from my typical go-to bowl.  But there are three ingredients that absolutely seal the deal: mango, kimchi, and sriracha.  These must not be left out.  I repeat.  Must NOT be left out.  I know I said bowls are adaptable, but in this situation I need you to include those things.  At least the first time.  And then if you hate it well...you're crazy.  But you can leave them out the next time.

So go.  Go make yourself a big bowl of deliciousness.



Adapted from Betacyanin

Makes: 1 serving
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time:  None!
Total Time: 15 minutes

{Printable Recipe}

Ingredients:
1/2 cup cooked rice
1/2 mango, diced
1/2 avocado, diced
handful pea shoots
1/4 cup broccoli, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons kimchi
2 tablespoons green onion, thinly sliced
juice of 1/2 lime
soy sauce and sriracha to taste (optional)

Directions:
Heat rice if desired and put on a plate or bowl.  Top with mango, avocado, pea shoots, broccoli, kimchi, and green onions.  Squeeze the lime juice all over and season with soy and sriracha if desired.





2 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic! I love making up different types of "bowls". Makes eating vegetarian easier, as I can just load up a bunch of grains with a protein, some veggies and a nice sauce. Cannot wait to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, totally got to try this. Nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...