And I admittedly did a horrible job with posting while on the road. No guest posts. One recipe. One road update. Just all around poorly executed. But hey. I had an unbelievable time. Ate scrumptious food. And explored the country. So it wasn't that poorly executed...
And I'm back in time for a Fourth of July Meal Plan Monday! That's pat on the back worthy right? Right.
While I don't have any plans set in stone for this week's holiday, I do have a very special visitor coming to town! One of my childhood friends is coming to spend the weekend with me and I couldn't be more excited! (I desperately want to toot her horn for her and tell you that THIS girl is my age, has her masters degree, passed the CPA with flying colors, and has an awesome job...did I mention she's my age?) After a bit of site seeing I'd say we will post up in the park with our neighborhood clan for an evening of food, cornhole, fireworks, and a few libations. Not a bad evening if you ask me.
What all do you have planned? Are you making any good food? Tell me about it! After you drool over these recipes of course...
1. Patriotic Pancake Stacks from Modern Parents Messy Kids // 2. Raspberry Sweet Rolls from Scarborough Food Fair // 3. Quinoa Almond Berry Bowl from Oh She Glows // 4. Strawberry Blueberry Cream Smoothies from Daily Dish Recipes //
1. Grilled Peach Infused Bourbon from The Uniqueness of Being // 2. Philly Smash from Imbibe // 3. Bourbon Cherry Cooler from Honestly Yum// 4. Grilled Watermelon Cocktail from The Primlani Kitchen // 5. Pimm's Cup from Scarborough Food Fair //
1. Grilled Berry and Brie Pizza Crisps from Half Baked Harvest // 2. Boiled Peanuts from Scarborough Food Fair // 3. Cheese and Jalapeno Stuffed Pretzel Rolls from Confessions of a Bright-Eyed Baker // 4. Mexican Corn from Mango & Tomato // 5. Grilled Potatoes with Mushrooms and Dill from Neighbor Food // 6. Gazpacho from Scarborough Food Fair //
THE MAIN DISHES:
1. Grilled Peach and Portobello Burger from Green Kitchen Stories via Design Sponge // 2. IPA Ceviche from the Beeroness // 3. Spicy Sriracha Grilled Tofu from The Bitten Word // 4. Grilled Eggplant, Halloumi, and Pesto Burgers from Veggie Belly // 5. Stuffed Poblano Peppers from Scarborough Food Fair //
1. Ricotta Cheesecake from My Baking Addiction // 2. Cherry Tartlets from Riley Madel // 3. Honey Lime Lemongrass Popsicles from Adventures in Cooking // 4. Grilled Peaches with Cinnamon Honey Butter from Alaska from Scratch // 5. Raspberry S'mores from Fare to Remember // 6. Blackberry Raspberry Lemon Pie from Scarborough Food Fair //