Sunday, November 20, 2011

Meal Plan Monday: Thanksgiving

Today's "Meal Plan Monday" is going to go a little differently because....it's Thanksgiving!  Or almost anyways...

My precious parents are arriving in Boston tonight so that means we will either be a) eating out or b) munching on a Thanksgiving feast.  So that being said, there is no need to plan out the meals except for one of course...

Because my parents will be here for Thanksgiving, I have decided that I will not be blogging or giving recipes over the holiday.  Not because I'm not incredibly thankful and don't adore each and everyone of you but because I think it's important to step away from the camera and computer for just a little bit and enjoy those moments with family and friends.

Since I'm not allowing myself anything to do with a computer or camera on Thanksgiving, I'm also mandating that my mother turn off her phone and store it away.  If you know her, you know that this will rip her heart to pieces.  So mom, if you're reading this...surprise!  You have to detach that phone from your hand/ear for one day.  You can do it I promise.

So, let's talk about the feast.  Kind of like I'm notorious for spending hours finding a recipe, I'm also notorious for making WAY too much food.  This Thanksgiving probably won't be any sort of exception.  I can't help it.  What if there wasn't enough!  That would be a much bigger disaster.

Below is a very rough idea of what we might be having this Thursday.  But I'll probably change it a million times before then.  And just so you know...we like it simple.  There won't be anything crazy so if that's what you're hoping for...it's not going to happen.  Simple and delicious.  That's how we do things.

The Turkey:
 
-Rosemary Roasted Turkey
from All Recipes

The Stuffing:
-Cornbread Stuffing with Sausage and Apples 
from the Pioneer Woman

The Cranberry Sauce:
  -Simple Cranberry Sauce

The Sides:
 -Creamy Mashed Potatoes 
from the Pioneer Woman

-Roasted Garlic Green Beans with Shallots and Almonds

-Sweet Potatoes with Goat Cheese and Pecans

The Rolls:
-Classic Dinner Rolls

-Sweet Potato Rolls with Honey

The Pies:
-Pumpkin Pie with Homemade Whipped Cream
from Me!
 
-Deep Dish Apple Bourbon Pie


I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday filled with family, friends, and of course delicious food!  I would love to hear about your Thanksgiving plans and the things that you are thankful for so leave them in the comments box!  (All you have to do is click "comments" under this post!)

Coming Up: I'll be back with you by the weekend with a sweet surprise!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to the Bell's...Kaston and Nick too! Good luck getting Queenie to detach the phone...great idea though! I know your meal will be superb...simple is best. XOXOXO
    Princess Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Princess Vicki! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzer, I'm already excited! I'm bringing over corn casserole, which isn't nearly as exciting as all of the amazing food above, but really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The green bean recipe looks yummy. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...