Monday, December 5, 2011

Meal Plan Monday: Finals Week

 I am down to 3 days left of class for the semester and then Missouri here I come!  Can you believe it??  It's flown by and in a very non-stressful manner.  How did I pull this off so easily? 

I guess I shouldn't speak too soon considering this week is still packed with papers, projects, presentations, and exams.  I'm still crossing my fingers that it won't be too horrible.

In order to keep that stress level down and pass my tests/projects/papers with flying colors I've decided that I'm not going to focus on making dinner this week.  I assume that most dinners will be crammed in while I'm studying unless of course Kaston decides to cook up something tasty, which is actually quite possible (no sarcasm I promise!).

So instead of a regular Meal Plan Monday post I'm going to throw out a few old blog posts for all of my fellow college students that are also getting ready to suffer through finals week.   Something that is better than ramen noodles but still easy to prepare is definitely needed in this situation. 

for breakfast:
These Maple Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins involve a bit of mixing and then 20-25 minutes baking.  Quick and easy!  Perfect for a grab and go morning.

Homemade Biscuits and Gravy are always a good start to a long day of studying.  You can even use canned biscuits to save a bit of time.


for lunch:
Hummus Melts (or Mummus if you prefer to stick with the Halloween theme) are a quick, tasty, and healthy way to get your second wind.

A big protein filled salad with this tasty Ginger Vinaigrette?  Yes, please.  You're tummy and taste buds will love you.
for dinner:
Do you know what's better than coming home from a long day at school?  Coming home from a long day at school to a crock-pot full of Guinness Roast that is just waiting to be eaten.  Just a few quick steps in the morning and then 7 hours later...yummy deliciousness. 

Step away from the Ramen Noodles!  Try this Lemon Basil Alfredo instead.  It's soooo much better!  I promise.

 the rewards:
finals are over and it's time for a treat...
For the non-chocolate lover...Lemon Bars.  One word.  Divine.

And for the chocolate lover...German Chocolate "thank goodness finals are over" Cake
Good luck everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...