Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pimm's Cup

Goodness.  It's about time for another post don't you think?

I'm almost back to Boston for goodness sake.

I've been working on another "What I've Been Eating" post but there are so many delicious things to include that it's taking me a while.  I'm just here to teach you patience.  And I think I'm doing one hell of a job.

But I won't require anymore for this post.  Before leaving Boston I spent an unbelievably warm afternoon with my amazing foodie friend, Zach.  I could talk about all of our culinary adventures but that would require rambling.  So let's talk about the drink.

Zach had been preaching about Pimm's for quite some time.  In his opinion we needed to make a Pimm's Cup.  I wasn't completely convinced that it would be the most amazing thing in the world but I was still completely willing to play along.  So on that unreasonably warm afternoon, we decided that the only way to kill the heat would be to create a thirst quenching boozy drink.  That included Pimm's.  Naturally.

And guess what?  Zach was absolutely, positively right.  The drink was out of this world delicious.  I mean...It's refreshing.  There's booze.  And a healthy dose of fruit is involved.  What more could you ask for?



Adapted from Bon Appetit

Makes: 1 drink
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes

{Printable Recipe}

Ingredients:
1 3-inch piece English cucumber, cut into 1/2-inch slices, plus 2 spears (for garnish)
1-2 brown sugar cubes
3/4 cup Pimm's No. 1*
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
ice cubes
2 sprigs each fresh rosemary, thyme, and mint
2 lemon slices
2 fresh strawberries, halved
ginger beer, chilled

Directions:
Place 1/2-inch-thick cucumber slice in cocktail shaker with 1-2 brown sugar cubes.  Using muddler or handle of a wooden spoon, mash well.  Add Pimm's and lemon juice.
Fill 2 pilsner glasses with ice and set aside.
Add ice to Pimm's mixture, cover, and shake vigorously 20 times.  Strain into glasses.
Push 1 rosemary sprig, 1 thyme sprig, 1 mint sprig, 1 lemon slice, and two strawberry halves into each glass.  Fill glasses with ginger beer.  Garnish with cucumber spears.













































1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...