Monday, January 16, 2012

Meal Plan Monday

I'm going to need you to brace yourself.  Sit down.  Grab a glass of water.  Whatever you need to do to prepare yourself for the content of this post.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am bringing you a true Meal Plan Monday post.  And not one of those fake ones that I tried to pass off on you the first couple weeks of December.

Finally I feel like I am back to normal life.  Planning out meals, going back to school, doing laundry...Oh wait.  Why am I excited to be back to normal life?  That stuff sounds horrid.  Oh well, we will be back to traveling soon I suppose.

Alright, let's get started...and please remember these are not my beautiful photos!  All photos have links below them to the recipe and their original homes!
 Monday:
 
Tonight we will be having leftovers. Last night I made pasta with roasted peppers, butternut squash, chicken sausage over whole wheat penne.  It was scrumptious.  To go along with it tonight, I am going to make this Parmesan and Black Pepper Whole-Wheat Focaccia.

Tuesday:
 There has been a request from Ashley over at The Uniqueness of Being for a little Chicken Marsala this week.  Not wanting to disappoint, I found this recipe just for her.  But I must say...I'm pretty excited about it myself.

Wednesday:
 Wednesday is going to be a salad day.  I can already tell.  And even though it pains me to abandon my Ginger Vinaigrette (which you can find here) I'm going to try something new.  I'm not exactly sure what to call it, but from the way it was described by Emily at DesignHer Momma it must be heavenly.

Thursday:
 I have been on a real mushroom kick lately. (Especially since Kaston's mom made us some delicious stuffed mushrooms at home, but more on that later)...Needless to say I picked up some massive portabellos the last time I went to Trader Joes.  This shrimp stuffed mushroom recipe is filled with cheese, fresh herbs, and french bread (to name a few) and it seems like the perfect fix for my mushroom kick.

Friday:
Winter time automatically means soup.  I find myself searching and pondering soup recipes for hours, which is completely unproductive, but these two are my favorites from the last search.  I haven't quite decided which one to make yet so I'm going to give you both.
- on the left: Sweet Potato and Sausage soup from Smitten Kitchen
- on the right: Chicken Veggie soup from Country Cleaver

for Sunday breakfast:
 Shhhh....don't tell Kaston.  It's one of his favorites.  Ooh Eggs Benedict, you are a wonderful thing.

for a snack:
 Hello perfect snack!  How delicious do these Spice Roasted Crunch Chickpeas look?


1 comment:

  1. That chicken veggie soup for Friday looks delightful! Wish I could be there to persuade you to make that one for me...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...