Monday, January 30, 2012

Meal Plan Monday

February already?  Are you serious!  Obviously we aren't quite there yet, but when the calendar page flips to February it's close enough.  With each new month it feels like we are going to coast right through winter here in New England and slide into spring.  Or at least that's what I'm crossing my fingers for (and have been since November).

The first week of February also means the SUPER BOWL which also means SUPER BOWL PARTIES!  My parents used to throw one heck of a party for the Super Bowl and I kind of miss it.  Those people know how to party.  I'm sure I'll make an excessive amount of food, have some friends over, and pretend to watch the game.  That's what you're supposed to do, right?  Right.

Let's talk about food (I'm hungry!).

So, I was a real stinker about following my meal plan last week.  I think it had something to do with the overwhelming feelings that come from the first real week of school.  Hopefully this week I can be a little more on top of things.  The pressure is on.  We shall see.

Don't forget that all of these lovely pictures are not mine!  Please visit the blogs below for the original recipes so you can make them too!

 Monday: 
 
 I'm not entirely sure what happened last Wednesday night, but I didn't get around to making these.  And because they look so darn delicious I'm rolling them over to this week!
Ground Turkey Enchiladas with Corn and Cilantro Topping.

Tuesday:
 
All of the ingredients are already in my refrigerator?  That's a win.
Chicken with Israeli Couscous, Spinach, and Feta.
-from A Chow Life 

Wednesday:


1. I really love stuffed peppers.  2. I'm really making the recipe so I can pass it over to Kaitlin from Small Things.  3.  I think it's one of her favorites. 4. Mmmm.
Stuffed Peppers with Tomato Basil Cream Sauce.
-from How Sweet It Is

 Thursday:
Leftover day!  Thursday is a possible work day for me so it's always good to plan for that.  Especially so the boys don't go hungry.  Heaven forbid.
-from the refrigerator

Friday:

I've had this little gem on Pinterest for quite sometime now.  Doesn't it look like a big pan full of deliciousness?
 Baked Shrimp in Tomato Feta Sauce.
-from Simply Recipes

Lunch:

Alright three recipes containing feta this week might be a bit excessive.  At least I've strayed away from posting everything that contains goat cheese.  And it looks way good.  Give me a break here.
Warm Mushroom Salad with Feta and Walnuts.
-from Food Coma


Super Bowl Sunday:
Since we live in Boston I think it's required that we root for the Patriots.  Or at least watch the game.  Sounds like a good excuse to be in the kitchen instead whipping up some Super Bowl friendly snacks. 
 Fontina-Stuffed, Bacon Wrapped Dates.
-from Brown Eyed Baker

 Hot and Sweet Drumsticks.
-from The Pioneer Woman

 Caramelized Onion Dip.
-from 101 Cookbooks
 
Reuben Dip.
-from A Farm Girl Dabbles

What are you doing for the Super Bowl this weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Those enchiladas look AMAZING... and I'm so excited for the Super Bowl food, though I still refuse to actually cheer for the Patriots. :) Everything looks so yummy, I'm so happy we're neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DID I TELL YOU I LOVE TOMATO BASIL?? Or is just a coincidence that it goes with that stuffed pepper recipe. I CANNOT WAIT.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...