Sunday, January 8, 2012

Simple Chocolate Cupcakes

Here I am 10 whole days after the new year, without a blog post, still riding the excuse that I've been at home and didn't have time.  How lame is that?

Well, I departed the great state of Missouri yesterday afternoon and hopefully being back in Boston will return me to the blogging world on a regular basis.  Especially since I have so many fun new kitchen toys that I'm dying to show off.

Until I can get back into the groove of things...I'm going to fill you in on this little gem of a cupcake recipe.

After Christmas my momma's side of the family comes to town to celebrate the holiday as well as a few birthdays.  This year for the birthday celebrations we planned on being super lazy and running by the local cupcake shop to grab the treats...only to have the plan destroyed by the *CLOSED* sign hanging in the window.  Inevitably I got put in charge of whipping up something sweet and this is what happened.  They were pretty darn delicious and I even got some help from my precious little cousin Madison.

They're simple, sweet, and super easy.  A tried and true crowd pleaser.

Simply Wonderful...Chocolate Cupcakes
adapted from Simply Recipes
Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup brewed coffee
  • 1 tablespoon white vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 6 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°.  Prepare muffin tin with cupcake liners.

 
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt until there are no visible clumps.

3. I enlisted the help of this cute little thing.

 
4. And she did a great job.  No clumps.  Future chef wouldn't you say?

5. In a separate bowl, mix together the coffee, vinegar, vanilla, and olive oil.

6. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.

7. Stir just until they come together.

8. Ladle batter into liners, filling them about two-thirds full.  Bake for 18-20 minutes.

9. Let cool for 5 minutes, remove from pan and cool on a rack.

10. I whipped up a chocolate and a vanilla frosting.  (Which I don't have the recipes for...sorry!)

11. Once the cupcakes have cooled completely, slap some frosting on 'em!

12. Finally hand them out to the birthday boys!

13. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...