As you can probably tell this week's meal plan is going to deviate away from the norm. But that's only because I won't be home ONE night this week. Yep, you heard me. Between class, work, school events, and a My Politic show I have ZERO time to make dinner. So instead, I've prepared a couple of Valentine's Day meal ideas for you.
Since I won't be home on Tuesday to make any of these mouth watering meals, I would love to know if you do and of course how they turn out!
Before we get started let's all take a second to remember that I have no expert (none whatsoever!) knowledge about wine pairing. I know a little bit of the basics but nothing fancy. So if you see a wine pairing that is completely false...don't judge me. I would however like to acquire this knowledge. So if you've got it, send it my way!
All of the pictures belong to the original makers and the links to the recipes are posted below the recipes. Enjoy!
1. Short Ribs with Wine and Cream -from The Pioneer Woman
2. Creamy Polenta -from Simply Recipes
3. Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes -from Joy of Baking
4. Wine: Syrah
1. Scallops on Creamy Leeks -from Sprouted Kitchen
2. Lemon Risotto -from Smitten Kitchen
3. Baked Pears -from A Chow Life
4. Wine: Sauvignon Blanc
1. Roast Pork with Apples and Onions -from The Pioneer Woman
2. Wilted Spinach Salad with Warm Feta Dressing -from Bon Appetit
3. Dark Chocolate Pot de Cremes with Sea Salt -from A Sweet Spoonful
4. Wine: Pinot Noir
1. Red Pesto Ravioli -from 101 Cookbooks
2. Garlic Bread -from Simply Recipes
3. Balsamic Strawberries -from Not Without Salt
4. Wine: Chardonnay
for those of us who don't have time to make dinner on Tuesday...
Heart-shaped Egg in a Nest -from Pinch My Salt
Cranberry Buttermilk Valentine's Day Pancakes -from Camille Styles
A quick gift:
Valentine's Treats in a Jar -from Me!