Alright, I have one more last minute treat for Valentine's Day to share with you. I originally made this for Christmas and it was such a hit that I decided I would drop in a little food coloring and make it fit for Valentine's Day. I love versatile holiday treats. I might continue this throughout the year. Green for St. Patty's Day, blue for the 4th of July, orange for Halloween....the possibilities are endless!
Salted Chocolate Peppermint Bark
Makes: 1 baking sheet Prep Time: 20 minutes Cooling Time: 40 minutes Total Time: 1 hour
- 12 ounces dark chocolate
- 12 ounces white chocolate
- 3/4 tablespoon flaked sea salt
- 8 candy canes/peppermints
- red food coloring
- Line a large baking sheet with foil or wax paper.
- Over a double boiler, melt 12 ounces of dark chocolate.
- Pour melted chocolate onto baking sheet and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle with flaky salt. Place in the freezer for 20 minutes to harden.
- Put candy canes/peppermints in a food processor and pulse until broken into small pieces. Set aside.
- Again over the double boiler, melt 12 ounces white chocolate. Add 5 drops or so of red food coloring.
- Remove baking sheet from freezer and pour white chocolate on top of dark chocolate. Spread evenly.
- Top with crushed peppermints, making sure to press them into the chocolate.
- Place back into the freezer for 20 minutes to harden.
- Remove from freezer and break into small pieces.