Usually I'm a "sweets" kind of girl.
I've got what they would call a sweet tooth.
Salty or sweet you ask? Sweet.
But you know what?
Every once in a while a "sweets" kind of girl needs a "salty" snack.
So guess what...
I made one.
And I'm going to share it with you.
Awkward one sided conversation...complete.
Roasted Chili Lime Chickpeas
...adapted from The Kitchn
- 1 (15oz) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon - 1 teaspoon chili powder (depending on how spicy you want it)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon - 1/2 teaspoon salt (depending on how much you love salt)
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Spread chickpeas that have been drained, rinsed, and patted dry, onto the baking sheet in a single even layer.
- Roast chickpeas for 40-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes or so.
- Combine olive oil, lime juice, cumin, salt, chili powder, garlic powder, and cilantro in a medium bowl.
- When chickpeas are nice and crunchy (but not burnt!) remove from oven and let cool for a couple of minutes.
- Transfer chickpeas to bowl and toss to coat.