Monday, October 1, 2012

Meal Plan Monday

Hello!  And happy Monday!

I hope everyone's week is starting out well.

Sorry for the late post today.  I had an exam this morning and had to actually spend my morning studying instead of doing this.  Boo.  I was a little bitter having to enjoy my coffee while studying instead of looking at delicious food...but I believe it paid off.  Exam one of the semester.  Check.  Success.

Because my brain is still a bit mushy we're going to get straight to the point.  Otherwise I might babble on and on.  And let's be honest.  You don't want that.  You want the food.  If that's not the order of your priorities, we need to have a chat my friend.

Enjoy.  And check back later this week for the lentil mushroom soup (below) and a monstrous Oreo cake!

monday

Last week while babysitting I was given this recipe to make for the family's Yom Kippur festivities.  And oh my goodness.  It's so stinking delicious.  After several days of day dreaming about it I had to ask for the recipe.  I made it last night.  Wanted to eat it for breakfast.  Had a little bowl for an afternoon snack and I'll definitely be eating it again for dinner tonight.  And lucky for you I'll be posting it on the blog this week so you can enjoy it too!
 Mushroom Lentil Soup
 
tuesday

I'm usually not a huge fan of "noodle" dishes but combined with shrimp, avocado, creamy ginger vinaigrette, and fresh herbs?  That's a combination that can't be resisted.  I might even try it out with a different grain?  Maybe my new favorite Harvest Grain blend from Trader Joes?
Shrimp and Avocado Noodle Salad with Creamy Ginger Vinaigrette

wednesday

Super simple.  Salmon.  Asian dipping sauce.  Sign me up.
Pepper Crusted Salmon with Wasabi Dipping Sauce

thursday

I couldn't go a week without some sort of squash dish now could I?  As I was browsing through some of my old recipes I found this Apple Cider Vinaigrette and immediately had a "duh" moment.  Roasted squash.  On salad.  With a yummy cider vinaigrette.  Swoon.
 Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Warm Cider Vinaigrette

friday

Last week a friend tried this recipe out in an unusual (for him) attempt at a vegetarian dinner.  After hearing about it I knew I had to go over and sneak a bite of leftovers.  I can't even describe the happiness that met my taste buds.  It was such a wonderful pairing of ingredients.  And could be the poster child for healthy comfort foods. I can't wait to have more than just a tiny bite of leftovers.
Lentil, Brown Rice, and Goat Cheese Rolls
-from Bite This

it's soup season...
thank goodness.

Thai-Spiced Pumpkin Soup


Simple Roasted Beet Borscht


Roasted Eggplant and Tomato Soup


Tofu and Chickpea Curry with Green Peas
-from Partial Ingredients


African Peanut and Sweet Potato Stew


Root and White Bean Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...