Monday, July 15, 2013

Meal Plan Monday - A Mexican Party!

This weekend I'll be traveling home for the finale of a very special event...one that I've never really talked about or shared on here...

My gorgeous sister's wedding in Mexico!

With the timing of the wedding being right before finals I never got the chance to share wedding details.  So I figured today's Meal Plan Monday would be the perfect time to share some of the recipes I have my eyes on to make for this weekend's little "reception" as well as some of the pictures from the wedding day.

WARNING: This post is photo heavy.  But I tried to keep it under control.  I promise.

Out of the ridiculous amount of photos, I decided to only share pictures from the wedding day itself as a way to not bore you by the time you reached photo collage #435.



The wedding day started out just as any big day should.  With amazing, out of this world food.  That morning just me and Codi (my amazing big sis) headed away from the resort to a small little place called La Cueva del Chango.  The scenery was breathtaking and just what we needed to relax before the big day.  I ordered orange/carrot/papaya juice and Codi jumped on the mimosa train to ease the nerves.  We opened a few presents and tried to soak everything in as we waited on our food.  To be honest I don't even know what I ordered...it was a special of some sort.  It involved eggs, peppers, chaya, avocado, a bowl of black beans, and fresh warm tortillas.  It was amazing.  Perfect.  Just what we needed.  And of course...we went back the next morning.



As soon as we returned from breakfast it was time to start getting ready.  And then the nerves really started to kick in...for both of us.  But Dad being the superhero that he is, diligently brought drinks to the room as needed.  We took our time primping, taking pictures, and doing the very girly "fan your face and try not to cry" thing (as you can see Codi getting ready to do on the left) as we waited for the photographer to arrive.



After the photographer had taken a few solo shots of Codi in the room we were informed that it was go time.  The walk from the room to the gazebo was the longest/most nerve wracking walk I've ever experienced.  Codi was nervous, which seemed to rub off on me.  But as soon as we hit the gazebo nervousness turned into emotion.  And me being the slightly unemotional being that I am...turned into a big blubbering mess.  But a happy blubbering mess is okay.  Especially if your big sis is behind you doing the exact same thing.  That's my rule of thumb anyway.



As soon as Dad handed Codi off, the tears turned into big big smiles.  The ceremony was short but beautiful and couldn't have been any more perfect for Codi and Curt.  To be honest it's all a bit of a blur due to the emotional high but I've never seen my sis so darn happy.



Immediately after the ceremony everyone grabbed a drink and headed to the beach for some photos, laughs, and hugs.  It was the perfect end to an even more perfect wedding.

And it was easily one of the most exciting moments I've ever been apart of and I still couldn't be any happier for them. {I can't wait to squeeze you both this weekend!}



And now for the food.  I would love to hear some votes on which of the following I should make OR any other party food suggestions you may have!  Have a great week everyone!



Pico de Gallo



Guacamole
-from GI 365



Spinach, Manchego, Raisin, and Hazelnut Mini Empanadas



Elote Fritters



Enchilada Stuffed Mushrooms



Cheesy Chorizo and Caramelized Onion Dip



Mexican Grilled Corn




Bang Bang Chicken Kabobs



Chipotle Lime Shrimp



Smoky Watermelon-Jalapeno Margarita



Michelada

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...