Surely someone has made a banana bread candle, right? (They have, I just looked into it...) Whew.
However, now that I think about it...that seems like torture. The delicious smell of banana bread WITHOUT the actual banana bread just doesn't seem nice. Therefore, I've just come to the conclusion that you must forgo the candle and make these muffins. Got it?
Makes: 12-18 muffins Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 20-25 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed--should be about 1 cup
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350° and prepare a muffin tin with cooking spray or butter.
- In a small bowl combine streusel ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk egg, butter, yogurt, vanilla and almond extract. Stir in dry ingredients until moistened.
- Fold in bananas and chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and top with a spoonful of the streusel topping. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5-10 minutes.