Monday, March 5, 2012

Meal Plan Monday

Only 4 more days until a week of relaxation in the mountains of Vermont and New Hampshire...Ahhhh, Spring Break I'm so happy you're almost here.

Should I go ahead and give you a little warning since we are talking about Spring Break and all?  I think I should.  Starting Saturday, I will be heading North to enjoy the countryside for several days.  I haven't quite decided if I will take my computer to do a little blogging or if I'm going to leave the technology behind for a true long weekend of relaxation.  That being said you must not panic when I haven't surfaced in several days.  I will be back.  I promise.

I'll remind you again on Friday...after I eat...a massive fried...egg...sandwich...

I don't want you to worry.

Monday:

Monday's meal always ends up being whatever I have been swooning over the most during the weekend.  And this one takes the prize.  I love Greek salad's to begin with but this one has really hit it out of the park.  I can't wait.
Winterized Greek Salad

Tuesday:

We are having some friends over for dinner on Tuesday who have requested some sort of chicken.  So I'm stuck between these two.  And you know I have a special place in my heart for all things Ginger... If I do decide on this one I'll probably stick with the classic rice and veggies on the side.
Ginger, Soy, and Whiskey Grilled Chicken


But this also looks DELICIOUS.  Cream.  Butter.  Mustard.  Chicken.  Done.  The Pioneer Woman really knows how to melt a girls heart.  And if I pick this one...I'll probably stick with the classics again and serve it with some roasted potatoes and a side of green veggies.  Decisions, decisions.
Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce

 Wednesday:

As you can tell...Tuesday is going to be a bit *gluttonous*.  So, I thought it would be best for everyone involved to tone it down a bit with this healthy little salad.  And...I need to use up that broccoli that is angrily wasting away in my refrigerator.
Double Broccoli Quinoa
-from 101 Cookbooks 

Thursday:

You know I can't get through the week without making some sort of tacos.  So here it is.  Another attempt to fly through the week without making the infamous (but delicious) Turkey Tacos.
Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos with Swiss Chard Pesto

 Friday:

There is no better way to start off Spring Break than a long morning of sleep quickly followed by a monstrous egg sandwich.  Sadly enough I was searching for a nice healthy and hearty breakfast recipe...until I found this.  Good thing New Hampshire and Vermont aren't exactly in bikini season quite yet.
Fried Egg Sandwich with Bacon and Blue Cheese

Spring Break Destinations:
Let's be honest...I've been researching the places I want to eat on Spring Break since we decided where we were going...so for the last three months...no big deal.

Swoon.  This place looks ADORABLE.  Peaches is just a sweet little breakfast place in North Conway, New Hampshire that apparently has some of the best breakfast around.  I can't wait to go.  (p.s.- I'm sorry these pictures are a little blurry...sigh)


I've been wanting to go to the Moat Mountain Smoke House and Brew Co. since our very first visit to New Hampshire.  Last time we tried to visit there was a TWO AND A HALF HOUR wait.  We all know my hungry horns don't wait two and a half hours without stabbing things.  Must be great food though right?  Or maybe it's the beer....


On to Vermont.  The Blue Benn Diner is apparently a local favorite with massive omelets, granola pancakes, and homemade donuts that are well-worth the wait.  Looks like Peaches and the Blue Benn are about to have an epic breakfast battle.
 

Okay it's almost painful how excited I am about this meal.  The Inn we are staying at has it's own FARM TO TABLE restaurant.  Everything that comes from that kitchen is made using local, organic produce, seasonal game, local cheese and dairy products, fresh fish, and home-baked breads, pastries and desserts.  It's a dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...