Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies

Do you mind if I make you jealous really quick?  It will only take a second, I promise.  And yes I understand that this is not the nicest way to start a post.  But, I'm going to do it anyways.

I need to tell you about all of the scrumptious food that this little apartment has been producing the last two days.

As I mentioned in this week's Meal Plan Monday, we had friends over yesterday evening for a gluttonous food adventure.  We started with some cheese and drinks (including a black truffle cheese that almost made me cry), followed by the main dish of grilled chicken in a brandy mustard cream sauce with a side of roasted sweet potatoes topped with goat cheese, sauteed mushrooms, toasted pecans, cranberries, parsley and a little mustard vinaigrette.  OH MY WORD.  The chicken paired with the sweet potatoes was a wise decision.  And if that weren't enough...we had these luscious brownies for dessert.  But I'll get to those in a moment.

After a good nights sleep under our (much expanded) belt, we treated our Wisconsin native guest to a little Southern Hospitality with a big bowl of piping hot Biscuits and Gravy.  Mmm mmm mmm.

And now as I sit here writing this post, I'm preparing myself (physically and mentally) for another feast that will be taking place in just a few short hours.  Tonight I have the pleasure of cooking with a dear friend who, might I add, is an incredible cook.  I don't have all of the details yet but....I know we will be preparing a rack of lamb with cheesy bread pudding and a caesar salad.  Not too shabby huh?

Okay, that took more than a second.  But I had to get it out there.  I'm sorry.  Let's talk about the brownies now....


When I asked for suggestions for last nights meal, a request was made for some sort of raspberry brownie.  So I went for a raspberry brownie...and then added cheesecake.  New motto: when in doubt...just add cheesecake. 

Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies...

adapted from Baking Bites



Makes: 1 8x8 pan   Prep Time: 15 minutes   Cook Time: 30-35 minutes   
Total Time: 45-50 minutes




Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
  • 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2/3 cup flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 6 ounces fresh raspberries 
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°.  Line an 8x8 inch square baking pan with aluminum foil and lightly grease.
  2. Over a double boiler, melt chocolate.  Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
  3. In a large bowl, whisk together 3/4 cup sugar, 2 eggs, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.  As you continue to whisk, pour melted chocolate into the mixture.  Stir until smooth.  Sift flour and salt into bowl and stir to combine.
  4. Pour 3/4 of the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan and set aside while you prepare the cheesecake mixture.
  5. With a mixer, beat cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar until light and smooth.  Add egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
  6. Pour cheesecake mixture over brownie batter and spread evenly.  Drop dollops of the remaining brownie batter on top of the cheesecake mixture and gently swirl batter with a butter knife.  (This makes it purdy...)
  7. Top with raspberries making sure to press them into the batter.
  8. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife comes out clean and the sides are lightly browned.
  9. Cool completely and serve chilled or at room temperature.
  10. Enjoy!

 Don't forget the milk!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...