Monday, September 17, 2012

Meal Plan Monday

Remember last week when I was telling myself that school would level out soon enough?

Well that time hasn't quite arrived.

So, this week's Meal Plan Monday is going to be short.  And sweet.  Of course.  That way my brain can get back to the presentations, papers, homework assignments, and reading assignments that it should be focusing on (but doesn't want to!).  Mom, you should be proud.

I based this week's dishes on things I already have in the refrigerator since a trip to the grocery store is probably not within my time constraints this week.  Ah, well.  A break is coming soon right?

Hope everyone has a wonderful and stress free week!

monday

It's going to be beautiful today in Boston.  And our downstairs neighbors (who I will be working on a school project with tonight) coincidentally have a grill that would do wonderful things to this salmon.  Even though I haven't exactly asked to use their grill tonight...I know they love food, salmon, and grilling so it shouldn't be a problem when I barge in and demand full control of their grill.
Barbequed Salmon with Tarragon, Chives, and Vermouth

tuesday

This kind of recipe is a weekly occurrence.  Some sort of egg.  Paired with some kind of tomato.  Topped with cheese and herbs.  I can't get away from this sort of thing.  It's waaaay too delicious.  What's your favorite egg/tomato/cheese&herb combination?
Poached Eggs in Tomato Sauce

 wednesday

Seriously.  How good does this sound?  It's simple but has a great foundation of white bean spread and chive pesto.  Meaning that anything that you put on top of it is going to be delicious.  I may roast some other veggies with the eggplant for a true roasted veggie party.
Roasted Eggplant Sandwiches with White Bean Spread and Chive Pesto
 
thursday

I probably mentioned this last week but, I love squash of any kind.  Especially when it's stuffed with yummy things like quinoa and gorgonzola.  Thank goodness fall is here.
Twice Baked Butternut Squash with Quinoa and Gorgonzola
 
 friday

This Friday one of my really good friends will be celebrating his 21st birthday!  How exciting is that?  And while I assume we will all be carting him around to different bars and restaurants throughout the day (and therefore not eating at home) it's always good to have a back up plan.  And a portobello mushroom burger seems like the perfect pre-drinking meal for a vegetarain.
Portobello Mushroom Burger

happy birthday brendan!

For little Brendan's birthday I'm planning on making an oreo cake.  It's going to be sinful.  And delicious.  However, it won't be like this one.  But I figured I would let you swoon over this one until I posted one of my own.
Oreo Cake

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining but... lately I've been daydreaming about a new kitchen.  Quite a few of our friends have moved into new places for the year and some of them have beauuuutiful kitchens.  You know who you are.  So, to combat the jealousy I've been doing a lot of *dream kitchen* planning.  As you'll notice, my heart is torn between a dark, industrial looking kitchen and a bright, rustic looking kitchen.  But who's to say I can't have both?

Small.  Industrial.  Exposed brick.  Bar stools.


 The turquoise.  Sunlight.  Sink.  Chalkboard.


Lights.  Chalkboard.  Black, white, stainless steel.


 Industrial looking storage.  Bar stools.  Bright.  Open.


 Hanging lights.  Island.  Gas stove.  Open storage.


Wood and white.  Island.  White brick walls.

What does your dream kitchen look like?  I would love to hear about it or see it!

3 comments:

  1. Black granite counter with deep cherry wood cabinets. Stainless appliances. Separate island with built-in teppanyaki grill top/hood with black/stainless barstools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Looks like you'll be having one delicious-food filled week! ps. send me some cake. *hehe*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...